- Dell, Lenovo, HP will patch hundreds of devices affected by Intel's buggy embedded CPU
- As unencrypted data becomes “negligence”, business leaders are taking encryption strategy away from IT
- Uber, ABC cloud data breaches put Australian companies on notice about cloud security
- Fake Symantec blog spreads macOS malware
- 5 missteps that could cost CISOs their jobs
Business Information Security Officer (BISO)
- Permanent position
- North Sydney location
- Strong communication & stakeholder management
Seeking a Business Information Security Officer (BISO) to join a thriving organisation based in North Sydney in a permanent position.
Growing Financial Services organisation is seeking a Business Information Security Officer (BISO) based in North Sydney on a permanent basis. You will be part of a regional team with responsibility for Australia & New Zealand.
Strong focus on the Australian + NZ operations ensuring all regularity requirements and security threats are countered. You must be able to explain the importance and value of security in simple terms to non-technical people within the organisation.
Strong communication and stakeholder management skills are essential.
As part of this role, you will be expected to fulfil the following duties:
- Take responsibility for Information Security/Governance/Policy
- Must be able to leverage your ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ensuring information security missions are consistently and effectively executed across the region
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance drivers
- Responsible for a wide variety of information security such as governance, risk reporting, compliance assessments and security threat intelligence
To be successful for the role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 7-10 years' IT Risk/Governance experience with a major corporate environment preferably Insurance or Banking
- Must have a proven track record as a change agent with the ability to transform and streamline an organization and enhance capabilities to meet current and future business drivers
- Strong understanding of security concepts, architectures and IT security and compliance controls
- Understanding of operating system platforms and security models
- Excellent risk management and IT security skills
- Highly developed consulting and influencing skills
- Certifications in CISSP, CISA, and CISM highly desirable
- Must have very strong communication skills and be able to explain value and importance of security to non-technical people
- Have a strategic vision and be able to navigate through ambiguity
- Have superior stakeholder management
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Virginia Sarkis on 02 94645575. Please quote our job reference number: 200171727.
Reference Number: 200171727_6
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 23 November 2017
- How CRM and marketing automation have delivered $5m in revenue to this ASX-listed company
- Report: Australian content marketers heavily focused on building audiences
- New code of practice launched to protect consumer data
- Report: Two-thirds of global digital display ads to be sold programmatically by 2019