- What happens when cybercriminals start to use machine learning?
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
Data Centre Engineer
- Initial 6 months contract
- Competitive Rate
Our client a leader in its field is currently looking for an experienced Data Centre Support Engineer to work on a large data centre relocation. In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the setup, build, move and decommission of two main Datacentres. You will also be responsible for creating 'best practice' procedures for supporting the IT infrastructure in the new environments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and support the primary data centres to ensure SLAs are achieved and the data centre environment uptime is maximized.
- Lead the Data Centre team to ensure a productive work unit to support the data centres and to maintain an on call 2nd level response function for the data centres.
- Manage a data centre usage plan and the allocation of space to new infrastructure (servers/storage/backup/network).
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience in data centre design
- Demonstrated experience in a Data Centre management role with accountability and responsibility for budget management, and small team management.
- Ability to manage customer/stakeholder expectations in the pursuit of improved services and closer working relationships.
- Ability to be proactive, tenacious and pragmatic problem solver.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management and driving vendor performance.
- Demonstrated experience with Hardware Maintenance activities in Enterprise Server environments
- Demonstrated experience in Enterprise level Remote Access technologies with iDRAC/iLO or similar technologies
- Sound understanding of Data Centre procedures for Adds, Deletes and Changes
- Ability to describe Data Centre design concepts, limitations and risk reduction strategies.
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system.
- Excellent Communication Skills
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Aparna Sharma
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Cisco closes in on potential $2B BroadSoft acquisition deal
- Sydney start-up wins $4.4M NSW Govt data marketplace deal
- Thomas Duryea Logicalis taps Citrix talent for security practice lead
- ACCC identifies a “number of issues” with regional mobile coverage
- Vocus gets set to sell off NZ business and Aussie data centre footprint