- Chrome versus IE and Edge: which is more secure for enterprise?
- Hackers plant malware in popular CCleaner
- Hackers infected official CCleaner downloads with malware for a month
- The week in security: Data breaches are pushing down victims’ share prices
- EU picks agency to lead IoT security labelling efforts
Senior Java Engineer
- Join a market leading organisation in the Sydney CBD
- Work on Greenfield distributed Java back-end project in a first rate team
- Use cutting edge and leading technology in a dev ops environment
Are you a Java developer who likes working with new technologies? Do you want to work for a top company with a great culture and fantastic offices?
This position sits with a leading Australian business based in the Sydney CBD - the position is for a Senior Java engineer to join a well-established team tasked with working on a green field distributed JAVA backend project. This system is responsible for processing, analysing and forecasting high volumes of real-time data whilst also serving customer queries.
To be considered for this role your background should include 60-70% of the below:
- Bachelors, Masters or PHD in Computer science or related field
- Experience with automated testing
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and data modelling
- Git source control
- Experience with cloud compute, virtualisation and shell scripting
- Understanding of apache tools (Cassandra, Storm, Spark)
- Have working understanding of a dev ops environment
- Have heard of or worked with Python and/or Puppet
- Passion for technology
- Comfortable with a high amount of ambiguity
- Keen on presenting your ideas to your peers and management
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Matthew Jelley on 02 9464 5573. Please quote our job reference number: 200171110.
Reference Number: 200171110_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below