- Mass CCleaner malware attack actually targeted tech giants
- NotPetya costs FedEx $300m, now weighs up cyber insurance
- Pen-testing may pacify auditors, but it won’t stop hackers from taking your data
- As Equifax jettisons CISO and CIO, survey finds CISOs feel devalued by business leaders
- Chrome versus IE and Edge: which is more secure for enterprise?
Senior Project Manager
As Senior Project Manager, you will lead a transformation, multi-year project impacting systems, processes and people within a large government department. The successful candidate will have a background in IT projects in a complex and challenging environment.
This is a 12-month contract opportunity with possibility of extension, based in Brisbane CBD, paying up to $114/hour including super.
- Lead the successful delivery of a complex and high risk project to ensure outcomes are achieved and solutions are delivered.
- Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, operational and capital costs and risk management processes are maintained.
- Lead, manage and direct multi-disciplinary project team(s) to work collectively to deliver integrated outcomes.
- Ensure integration with the strategic direction of the organisation, working collaboratively with and aligning to whole-of-Government IM/ICT initiatives, policies and frameworks.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders by undertaking high level strategic negotiations, providing expert advice and resolving complex risks and issues. Actively support business change and promote the change vision to staff at all levels of the business operation.
- Proactively monitor and report related trends and performance against project plans and budgets. Prepare briefing material and regular performance reports for key stakeholders.
- Provide expert advice and strategic input into the development of project products to ensure they meet quality standards and comply with organisational policies, strategies and architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large and complex ICT projects within a government context.
- Demonstrated experience in the procurement and implementation of information systems in relation to the specification of requirements to support a procurement process, gap-fit analysis of solutions, traceability of requirements to processes, information, business rules, legislative/regulatory/policy/governance elements, systems and roles.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects across departments, and/or levels of government.
- Demonstrated experience in managing transition activities after the project deliverables are complete in order to achieve full benefit realisation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects including the ability to manage project scope, risks, integration, issues and financials.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with a diverse group of internal and external suppliers to achieve outcomes.
- Written and oral communication skills at an advanced level (including the ability to consult and influence a diverse range of customers).
- Experience in managing projects relating to health records management (*Desirable)
- Tertiary and/or appropriate qualifications in project management (preferably Prince 2) and substantial industry experience.
Key Selection Criteria:
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/18495.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below