- NotPetya costs FedEx $300m, now weighs up cyber insurance
- Pen-testing may pacify auditors, but it won’t stop hackers from taking your data
- As Equifax jettisons CISO and CIO, survey finds CISOs feel devalued by business leaders
- Chrome versus IE and Edge: which is more secure for enterprise?
- Hackers plant malware in popular CCleaner
Senior Project Manager - Infrastructure
- Long term contract
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Storage / Netowrks / UC / EUC
Work closely with the Project Director and ensure the project deliverables are met in time for this large Government department!
This role is with a large Federal Government department based in Melbourne. As a Project Manager, you will be required to supplement the existing project managers team to support a number of projects intended to improve the delivery of Information Management and Technology services within the Group.
The resources will need to take ownership of the deliverables of their project(s) and have excellent negotiation skills to work with existing teams and staff to achieve operational project outcomes.
The PM, will work alongside existing project managers in an established project management environment. They will be expected to manage multiple projects as required.
Project Management Services that deliver Information Management & Technology projects on time within scope and budget across the four Key phases of Plan, Build, Deliver and Risk Management.
- Work closely with the Project Director (project owner) to ensure project will meet intended purpose and deliver the expected outcomes;
- Manage assigned projects within the in-house project management environment in accordance with the Group standards
- Examples of Projects:
- Network Operations and Security;
- Desktop Unified Communications;
- Systems migration;
- Enterprise Research Storage remediation;
- Network Access Control; and
- Transfer small systems to alternative operating environment
- Work within an operational ICT environment with other PM, Managers and their teams to deliver operational projects;
- Liaise with the Enterprise Architects to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose and are in line with organisational architecture and strategy;
- Liaise with the unit managers and negotiate internal resources and where applicable organise the procurement of external contractors for the projects
- Plan and manage the expenditure of budgets allocated to projects;
- Report project progress using the reporting tool to the various governance groups in the Group;
- Manage stakeholder expectations and delivery of project deliverables as agreed;
- Manage project scope, risks and resources; and
- Manage the Handover and Transition of project to operations.
Sounds like your next challenge? please Apply NOW!
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Pallavi Bapna on 03 86804237. Please quote our job reference number: 200170751.
Reference Number: 200170751_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below