- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
Release and Deployment Manager
- Immediate Start
- Global leader in information technology
- Fantastic benefits including education assistance
A new and exciting role for a Release and Deployment Manager Consultant to join our client a Global Leader and of providers of information technology
A new and exciting role has arisen for a Release and Deployment Manager Consultant to join our client a Global Leader and of providers of consulting information technology
Release and Deployment Manager
The role of Release and Deployment Manager is to ensure the goals of the Release and Deployment Management process are achieved. The main objective is to build, test and deliver the capability to provide the services specified by service design and that will accomplish the stakeholders' requirements and deliver the intended objectives.
- Planning scope of release
- Planning effective releases with actual third party suppliers
- Planning roll-back models
- Planning building of tests
- Planning of pilot test phases in test environments
- Planning of deployment
- Planning of delivery
- Delivery of compilation, build and test results into Evaluation Predicted performance report
- General management over the testing
- Adhering to the release documentation for quality assured documentation
- Obtaining resources to deliver the release
- Compiling the Release Units into the Release Package
- Structuring and controlling test environments
- Service release test
- Service Operation readiness test
- Implementation of a pilot
- Manage the deployment team, ensure roles and responsibilities are understood
- Transfer of pre-test elements (Agreements, financial assets, roll back plans)
- Transfer of the service
- Deployment of the service
- Removal of old/superfluous services
- Ensure all users can actually use the service as agreed
- Ensure CSI notes/ lessons learned are logged
- Update documentation and take part in Service Desk
- Review and close
- Making recommendations for Service Improvement Plans
- Ensuring the Release and Deployment Management process is performed as designed.
- Developing a Release and Deployment Management process model for the role of Incident Manager .
- Ensuring the Release and Deployment Management process is fit for purpose.
- Ensuring process description meets objectives
- Ensuring ELS staff from Release and Deployment Management the the Service Desk role upon new and updated releases.
- Sponsorship, design, and continual improvement of the process and its metrics.
- Following the organization's policies relating to employment.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
- Strong in MS Build, Automated build, Continuous integration.
- Knowledge of scripting languages or scriptable shells such as batch files, beyond compare/Scripting, MS Build, Shell scripts, Window Scheduler.
- Have good understanding of multiple applications
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- A flexible schedule
- Must have working knowledge and experience on deployment of automation tools
- Ability to plan builds and releases with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have adequate writing skills for preparing release notes and appropriate release documents.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Tamsin Clark on 02 9464 5685. Please quote our job reference number: 200169259.
Reference Number: 200169259_3
Contact Details: Tamsin Clark - 02 9464 5685
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Tamsin Clark
Contact Phone: 02 9464 5685
- Seek promotes marketing leader to chief commercial officer's post
- Former AustralianSuper marketing chief becomes CEO of Food and Wine Victoria
- Why walled gardens are the biggest threat to your ability to foster customer relationships
- CMO interview: How this CMO is writing a new story for data management
- Telstra reports strong financials, NPS lift