- It took 5 years of research for Cyber Plus to tailor cybersecurity insurance for small businesses
- Attackers experimenting with CVE-2017-0199 in recent phishing attacks
- Five things you need to know about executive protection
- Security pros choose their top enterprise-class cybersecurity vendors
- FTC: Uber failures led to 2014 hack exposing 100k drivers’ details
Chief Information Officer
- Company Wide Technology Leadership
- Dynamic, Customer/Growth Focused Business
- Career Development/Lifestyle Opportunity
• Company Wide Technology Leadership
• Dynamic, Customer/Growth Focused Business
• Career Development/Lifestyle Opportunity
Are you looking for the opportunity to demonstrate your technology leadership capability in a dynamic, growth focused business?
Port Otago Limited is a major export port for the South Island of New Zealand. Delivering superior customer service in the interest of cargo owners and shipping lines is a priority for the business. Port Otago provides integrated container and cargo handling, warehousing and container depot, and logistics and pilotage services from its Port Chalmers and Dunedin facilities. The business is dynamic, has a “hands-on” practical culture and provides career development opportunities to high performers.
This is an exciting time to join Port Otago, with the recent changes in the Leadership team and significant technology development and investment decisions needing to be made. The CIO will lead and manage a strongly performing technology team focused on leveraging technology to improve business performance and support planned growth across all areas of the business. This role will work closely with the Leadership Team providing technology direction and shaping the technology resources of Port Otago in an increasingly automated, operational environment. Delivering better outcomes for all stakeholders through the utilisation of technology will be an ongoing focus. The review and upgrading of core business systems will be a priority responsibility of the CIO.
Applicants will display the following attributes:
• Senior management experience in a commercial IS leadership role or the confident aspiration to move to such a role
• Experience leading an organisation wide review of core business systems
• Strategic vision and the ability to articulate the future state and embrace new technologies
• Very strong relationship management, communication and engagement skills
• Professional and personal integrity and the skills to shape a high performance IS culture
• A results orientation together with a reputation for delivery
This executive level opportunity is expected to appeal to IS professionals looking to widen their experience or take the next step in their career. A remuneration package reflecting the experience and skills of the appointee will be negotiated.
Living in Dunedin offers a range of lifestyle choices with a wide range of recreational activities available in the city or within short travelling distance.
For further information on Port Otago Ltd, please visit their website www.portotago.co.nz
How to Apply?
Confidential enquiries can be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday, 25 August 2017.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.
Contact Name: Alan Head
Contact Email: email@example.com
- CMO interview: How this CMO is writing a new story for data management
- Telstra reports strong financials, NPS lift
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 17 August 2017
- nib ups the ante on CX program with new technology rollout
- Optimizely CEO: Aussie CMOs need to test and learn to survive Amazon’s descent