- Buggy shared library exposes millions of IoT devices to ‘Devil’s Ivy’ flaw
- Top cloud security controls you should be using
- Hackers again stole guests' credit card data from Trump Hotels
- Elon Musk’s top cybersecurity concern: Preventing a fleet-wide hack of Teslas
- Long favoured by Australian PM, Wickr could become his decryption Waterloo
Senior Java Developer, FX, Low Latency, Pricing, Trading
About the company
A leading provider of integrated financial services; Australia's leading brand across the financial services industry serving customers in Australia and around the world.
About the Role
As Senior Java Engineer, this role will focus on the delivery of a low-latency, high-performance multi-asset dealing platform. You will be a low-latency Java engineer with a proven track-record in delivery of similar systems. You will be involved in designing and delivering the new system including design architectures, optimisations and some production operation in conjunction with trading/sales desks and application support teams.
- Experience in Investment Banking teams,
- Have experience on Pricing, Execution and or Post Trade platforms
- Ability to work efficiently and precisely
- Be an excellent communicator with a focus on team working
- Skilled in analysis and problem solving and have a strong mixture of technology and business skills.
- Strong analytical skills in pricing and trading, ideally in FX, to support effective requirements capture from business teams into deliverables.
- Built highly multi-threaded systems in a low latency environment using core java (Collections, multithreading, OOP, GC)
- Object orientated design and architecture skills (EIPs, Application Architecture, Design Patterns, Redundant and fault-tolerant systems design)
- Worked in a performance sensitive SoA/Micro-services environment
- Unix systems - Redhat, CentOS, etc
- Relational Databases - Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Flyway, Liquibase
- Messaging architectures and systems (transaction processing)
- In-memory data grid - Oracle Coherence or Gigaspaces, Hazlecast, Gridgain, etc
- Full-lifecycle development including build and deployment tools - Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, OpsCode Chef, Ansible, Docker, Zookeeper
- Focus on TDD and or BDD
- A strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Be financially rewarded with first rate market rates, on the job training and career advancement
- An advocate of work life balance to maintain meaningful daily achievement in work, life, family and self
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Vanessa Knispel
- It’s stacks-on for Toshiba’s accounting scandal legal wrangles
- Parallels A/NZ lead looks east with new regional appointment
- Where do Aussie MSPs stand in Oracle’s global cloud crusade?
- ACCC puts big four telcos on notice over broadband speed claims
- Are Aussie businesses still struggling with digital strategies?
- CMO interview: Salesforce’s global marketing chief talks team tactics and customer strategy
- Sizmek acquires Rocket Fuel for US$145m; Rubicon buys nToggle
- How this brand is tackling the Amazon retail problem
- Another digital marketing agency gets acquired by ICT consulting group
- What it takes to rebrand a fast growing tech company