- Buggy shared library exposes millions of IoT devices to ‘Devil’s Ivy’ flaw
- Top cloud security controls you should be using
- Hackers again stole guests' credit card data from Trump Hotels
- Elon Musk’s top cybersecurity concern: Preventing a fleet-wide hack of Teslas
- Long favoured by Australian PM, Wickr could become his decryption Waterloo
Procurement and Contracts Manager
Procurement and Contracts Manager required for large ICT program
Government-based | Health industry | Contract until Jun 2018
Competitive daily market rates | Brisbane CBD location
As the Procurement and Contracts Manager working within a large government organisation, you will be responsible for providing specialist expertise and leading various elements of RFO evaluation and contract management activities. The successful candidate will have proven ability to work in a highly dynamic and complex public sector environment and possess excellent skills in communication.
This is a 12-month contract opportunity starting late July, based just north of Brisbane CBD.
- Manage the overall day to day procurement activities of the program team members with specific emphasis on timely and high quality outputs specifically related to the critical path milestones
- Ensure that procurement deliverables are aligned with government practices and guidelines as well as based on best practice standards
- Maintain the visibility and momentum of procurement activities using a combination of agile working tools, practices and visual performance techniques
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong cross-functional working relationships with senior customers, senior users, senior technical and various governance bodies
- Develop and foster inter-jurisdictional relationships with other government stakeholders interstate to ensure appropriate knowledge sharing and lessons learned from similar or related projects are identified and incorporated into the program
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with established policy
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated and proven capability in procurement and contract management
- Ability to schedule complex procurement tasks, track and deliver on them in a timely manner
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multiple styles of clients and stakeholders
- Proven ability to work in a highly dynamic and complex public sector environment
- Experience procuring/implementing large scale ICT initiatives
- Proven knowledge of the Queensland Procurement Policy, GITC, and Contract Laws within the end to end procurement lifecycle
- ICT procurement subject matter expertise
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, and Visio) experience is essential
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent (desirable)
- Qualifications related to program/project methodologies or practices (desirable)
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/18191. For any enquiries, please contact Kylie Graham in the Brisbane office at 07 3258 8380.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- It’s stacks-on for Toshiba’s accounting scandal legal wrangles
- Parallels A/NZ lead looks east with new regional appointment
- Where do Aussie MSPs stand in Oracle’s global cloud crusade?
- ACCC puts big four telcos on notice over broadband speed claims
- Are Aussie businesses still struggling with digital strategies?
- CMO interview: Salesforce’s global marketing chief talks team tactics and customer strategy
- Sizmek acquires Rocket Fuel for US$145m; Rubicon buys nToggle
- How this brand is tackling the Amazon retail problem
- Another digital marketing agency gets acquired by ICT consulting group
- What it takes to rebrand a fast growing tech company