Immediate Start Available
Long Term Contract Role
Excellent Rates Of Pay
Our Client, NSW Government is seeking to appoint a Network Manager to be responsible for the Departments Network, Mobility and Unified Communications.
This position is a contract role 9 months with the potential for contract extension.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the IT infrastructure used within the organisation and provide leadership and support to infrastructure Engineers, whilst working with the business and architecture teams to define and implement the infrastructure support elements of the ICT systems and networks.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Managing the lifecycle of multiple technologies and platforms to ensure the infrastructure platform delivers maximum benefit to the organization.
- Determine the extent to which solutions perform "as required" within the current environment to eliminate the cost of correcting implementation failures and service outages.
- Manage available internal and external resources to make sure that installations are supported (time, cost and quality) to minimise adverse business impact and maximise positive business outcomes.
- Manage conflicting and/or inter-related organisation-wide hardware upgrade, or refresh projects and programs.
- Constructive management of a diverse range of projects across multiple platforms and technologies and project owners, balancing their needs with the strategic architecture and operational/delivery timeframes and organisational efficiency.
- Lead the resolution of technical problems relating to ICT infrastructure and systems and actively collaborate with other IT specialists to ensure problem resolution and service delivery.
- Provide specialist advice regarding existing systems and infrastructure and recommend improvements and changes where necessary.
- Work closely with the Director Operations to develop detailed plans and schedules to ensure the ICT support processes meet objectives and service levels.
- Realign operational processes to achieve greater efficiency
- Team KPI mapping to strategic network requirements
- Manage a team to achieve SLAs per the role description
- Network bandwidth review and remediation
- Transition legacy owned PABX systems to cloud based voice services
- Work with architect to establish future SD WAN requirements (network topology)
- Establish future requirements for multi-million dollar telecommunications agreement including data (mobile / fixed / WAN / LAN / MAN) and voice (fixed / mobile / ISDN / VoIP)
- Tertiary or industry qualifications in a related discipline and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience with demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Extensive, broad experience with configuration, operation and management of a range of current ICT technologies, including virtualised storage and processing systems, LANs, WANs, routing protocols and videoconferencing technologies as well as a significant level of operational expertise in a number of these technologies.
- Significant experience in the oversight, governance and management of large infrastructure and support services contracts with multiple vendors.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Nick Baker re-emerges as CEO of Outdoria and Go See Australia
- Indochino, Rebecca Minkoff leaders debate how to curate the retail experience of the future
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank invests in real-time personalised interactions with customers
- CMO Momentum 2017: Airbnb reveals how to build a purpose-led superbrand
- Nine appoints group marketing director, focuses Parsons on digital