- Buggy shared library exposes millions of IoT devices to ‘Devil’s Ivy’ flaw
- Top cloud security controls you should be using
- Hackers again stole guests' credit card data from Trump Hotels
- Elon Musk’s top cybersecurity concern: Preventing a fleet-wide hack of Teslas
- Long favoured by Australian PM, Wickr could become his decryption Waterloo
Senior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS Fintech
What is this client and role about?
My client is one of the most successful software fintech's in Australia. Their success comes from building the first and only sophisticated cloud solution to automate highly complicated financial services funds management functions. Their products have transformed an industry.
As part of their ongoing expansion, they are now looking to hire a senior developer who and part of a cohesive Scrum team will help build a greenfield and fully automated AI driven Data Feeds product. In this role, as an experienced developer, you will assist in transition from the existing data feeds solution to the new solution which will be designed and built by this Scrum team. This is a genuinely diverse role (coder, designer and pseudo BA) which will include:
- Circa 70% coding (mostly complicated back-end C# and SQL)
- Be heavily involved in the design and development of the new product
- Play a key role in the integration of the new product
The developers at our client are passionate, committed, logical, considered, calm, thoughtful, curious and analytical. They know they are good and this is reflected in quiet confidence, completely devoid of smugness or ego. They are not extroverted but are skilled communicators who can both explain and constructively debate complex ideas and logic, as well as engage effectively in product and domain conversations (their senior developers are almost pseudo BA's). Your design thinking and ability to look at complex problems from different perspectives is outstanding, as is your ability to then articulate the reasoning behind your solutions and views. You will be someone capable of applying independent critical thinking and helpings others around you solve problems and become better at what they do.
Why would you want this role?
This team will engage with product daily, and have direct influence over product direction. You will always know why you are building what you are building and have a voice in deciding how to deliver the highest user value through what you build (they do not hire 'code monkeys').
You will have an interest in building products, making complex things run fast, working with high volume real time data, and having the chance to apply AI and automation to these areas.
You will be involved in 'ever evolving technical and domain challenges'
You will be working with committed and skilled developers all pulling in the same direction
You will be attempting to build a solution which has never been built before, and if successful would be transformational for the Australian financial services industry
You will be working with proven developers who have built, and build, 'first of its kind' solutions which make incredibly complicated finance functions, simple and intuitive for users for the first time
You will have a genuine interest in learning a lot about financial services, and how the 'guts' of the funds management and wealth management industries work
We do not equate capability with years' experience, though it is likely you will have 8+ years development experience. You will definitely have worked in successful product environments and from your experience know what works and what doesn't when building high quality software.
A different recruitment experience?
Please apply or call if the above resonates with you, but please note you must have Australian work rights. We will look at all applications. If we do not contact you, it means we have not seen enough direct relevance to our client's particular requirements. If you do not hear from us, and feel we may have missed something regarding your suitability, then please call to discuss.
This role is being managed by Account Director Dan Gordon on 02 9409 4805. Dan is a certified Scrum Master and Product Owner, and from face-to-face interviews with the clients Head of Development, Lead Architect and Tech Leaders, will provide suitable candidates with a clear account of all aspects of this opportunity.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Dan Gordon
- It’s stacks-on for Toshiba’s accounting scandal legal wrangles
- Parallels A/NZ lead looks east with new regional appointment
- Where do Aussie MSPs stand in Oracle’s global cloud crusade?
- ACCC puts big four telcos on notice over broadband speed claims
- Are Aussie businesses still struggling with digital strategies?
- CMO interview: Salesforce’s global marketing chief talks team tactics and customer strategy
- Sizmek acquires Rocket Fuel for US$145m; Rubicon buys nToggle
- How this brand is tackling the Amazon retail problem
- Another digital marketing agency gets acquired by ICT consulting group
- What it takes to rebrand a fast growing tech company