- Antivirus vendor warns Fireball malware infects 250m PCs! Try 5m, says Microsoft
- 7 elements of a successful security awareness program
- Breach costs down but slow forensics still threaten Australian companies’ regulatory compliance
- To secure BYOD, involve the business in managing its mobile privacy
- Tighter virtual-machine security reinforces compliance, trust, and brand strength
Director ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery Centre
- Be involved in the forefront of public sector ICT
- Join a highly skilled, industry certified workforce
- Provide strategic advice and operational management
The Australian Department of Human Services (DHS) is home to one of the largest in-house IT operations in the Southern Hemisphere. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) Group is a key component and enabler of the Department of Human Services strategic vision. At the forefront of public sector Information and Communication Technology (ICT) transformation, the CIO Group's vision is to excel in the provision of reliable, accessible and personalised services. The department's technology infrastructure, combined with its deep understanding and experience in delivering complex customer-focused services enables the CIO Group to shape the next generation of community services and lead best practice in service delivery.
The Adelaide Delivery Centre (ADC) Division is one of three application development hubs operated by the Department. Using a Professional Services model our multidisciplinary staff work across a diverse range of projects to meet the demands placed upon the delivery centre.
The Director Programme Management Office is responsible for managing the inflow and completion of costings, maintaining and reporting on the demand and supply view of the delivery centre and the provision of a skill demand pipeline for use by Practice Directors in developing the capabilities and skillset of the delivery centre.
The Director Programme Management Office is also responsible for the corporate, property, finance, communication and strategic workforce and human resource planning, reporting and support services to manage the people, services and output of the delivery centre.
The Director Programme Management Office plays a key role in providing strategic and operational advice to the Senior Executive, participating in decision making forums and managing ad hoc projects that may be sensitive and have a divisional impact. They have experience in human resource management and work in close collaboration with People Services, Workplace Relations and Recruitment teams. They collaborate with peers, business counterparts and customers to ensure Adelaide Delivery Centre operations are managed effectively and efficiently.
The Director Programme Management Office operates with a high level of autonomy, with decision-making highly dependent on their own judgement. In performing a leadership role, they identify and drive innovation, manage and lead change, and have an active role in contributing to and implementing the department's strategic direction. They are responsible for optimising the effectiveness of their work section to provide high quality coordination functions across the department.
It is highly desirable for the successful applicant to have:
Minimum five years' experience in the relevant fields; and
How to Apply?
Contact Name: Ignite Services
Contact Email: HumanServices@igniteservices.com
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
- Uber for the truckies: How one Aussie startup is disrupting the freight industry
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 22 June 2017
- Grace Group undergoes first rebrand in 30 years to unify and contemporise
- Why it's important your brand is meaningful to your customers
- What blockchain will do to the experience economy