- GitHub serves up enterprise tools: security alerts, advisories, and new permissions
- Money-hungry cybercriminals are targeting executives like never before
- Smart homes – Your security death trap
- Google stored some G Suite passwords in plaintext since 2005
- Over 90% of data transactions on IoT devices are unencrypted
Defending Against Encrypted Threats
According to research from the F5 Labs threat intelligence team, 80% of page loads on millions of sites sampled are encrypted. Transport Layer Security (TLS) adoption has become the norm for organizations of all sizes and in all industries due to several driving factors: the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Google search results ranking preferences, browser warnings for HTTP (cleartext) sites, and the growing importance of privacy, to name just a few.
While this evolution improves security for web traffic, it comes at a price—increased workload demand and the potential hazards of malware cloaked in encrypted traffic.
Find out how to defend against what you cant see.
- Myriota touts IoT satellite service’s ability to scale, power-efficiency
- Wearable brain devices sold with questionable claims
- Waze traffic data could cut ambulance arrival times by 60 per cent
- US charges WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange with espionage
- GitHub launches ‘Sponsors’ feature to fund open source projects
- Digital drive creating war for executive talent
- Report: Brands are positively or negatively affected by the platform on which they appear
- JC Decaux executives outline plans for programmatic, audience-based out-of-home category growth
- How SuperFastDiet reduced its waistline, and cost per lead, with data
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 23 May 2019