- Security refresh teaches James Cook University the value of better visibility
- Cyber attacks as likely as natural disasters, as devastating as ecosystem collapse: WEF
- The week in security: 773 million reasons to improve your security
- Temporary micropatch available for zero-day Windows exploit
- 'Collection #1' reveals 773 million email addresses, passwords in one of largest data breaches ever
Digital Twin for Business
The notion of Digital Twin has recently taken center stage to describe the live digital representation of a connected physical asset. While the idea of creating a computerized companion, which represents the actual state of an object dates back more than a decade, the rapid proliferation of the industrial internet of things (IoT) enables a scalable and cost-efficient implementation even for equipment with production cost as low as $100 while capturing Petabytes of live data from complex assets. However, connectivity and storage of IoT data are only the technical requirements to capture the full economic benefit of digital twins. This document explains SAP’s broader vision for digital twins and how they relate to business outcomes.