- Look for the silver lining in GDPR’s privacy obligations
- GDPR is here, but few Australian staff know what to do about it
- FBI takes control over Russia's VPNFilter router botnet
- Cisco reveals VPNFilter malware infects 500k routers, Ukraine fears they'll be bricked by Saturday
- CPUs take another Spectre-Meltdown speculative execution hit
Electronic Signatures: Legal considerations and best practices
Worldwide, organisations are adopting electronic signature solutions to help reduce their carbon footprint, streamline business processes, improve security and record-keeping, and reduce costs.
Australian law allows nearly every document to be signed using electronic signatures. In these cases, electronic signatures are legally equivalent to their wet-ink counterparts and businesses would benefit from their adoption. Almost all agreements used in typical business departments, such as sales, human resources, legal and procurement in their day-to-day operations, are capable of being signed electronically.
In this paper, we will review the law as it relates to electronic signatures by analysing how such signatures are treated under the Commonwealth and State electronic transactions legislation (ET Legislation) and how such signatures are treated under general law.
- ASC taps Accenture for digital transformation program
- NBN CEO rejects suggestion he advocated dumping HFC, FTTN
- Facebook ‘revenge porn’ pilot proceeds despite concerns
- How Kinect tech and two watermelons could make Australia’s trains run on time
- US bill would force tech companies to disclose foreign source code scrutiny
- Federal Court approves AC3's Bulletproof acquisition
- Sydney video specialist wins major Vivid building projections gig
- LiveTiles acquires AI company co-founded by former Microsoft exec
- Hills provides nurse call system as part of $900M Westmead redevelopment
- Data#3 taps into Canberra Azure regions to ramp up Govt cloud play
- InMoment CEO: Traditional customer feedback approaches are flawed
- What Zappos is doing to personalise customer experience and services
- What 5 years of the CMO brand has taught us about marketing leadership
- Agency brand expert, Mim Haysom, joins Suncorp as EGM brand and marketing
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 24 May 2018