- GitHub serves up enterprise tools: security alerts, advisories, and new permissions
- Money-hungry cybercriminals are targeting executives like never before
- Smart homes – Your security death trap
- Google stored some G Suite passwords in plaintext since 2005
- Over 90% of data transactions on IoT devices are unencrypted
Electronic Signatures: Legal considerations and best practices
Worldwide, organisations are adopting electronic signature solutions to help reduce their carbon footprint, streamline business processes, improve security and record-keeping, and reduce costs.
Australian law allows nearly every document to be signed using electronic signatures. In these cases, electronic signatures are legally equivalent to their wet-ink counterparts and businesses would benefit from their adoption. Almost all agreements used in typical business departments, such as sales, human resources, legal and procurement in their day-to-day operations, are capable of being signed electronically.
In this paper, we will review the law as it relates to electronic signatures by analysing how such signatures are treated under the Commonwealth and State electronic transactions legislation (ET Legislation) and how such signatures are treated under general law.
- Australian ‘unicorn’ Canva hacked
- Paul Fletcher to oversee last leg of NBN rollout after Morrison’s ministerial reshuffle
- ACCC head calls for scrutiny of tech giants’ acquisition sprees
- VHA makes good on court threat after ACCC blocks TPG merger
- Myriota touts IoT satellite service’s ability to scale, power-efficiency
- Huawei shipments could fall by up to a quarter this year: analysts
- Adelaide-based Myriota first to connect to AWS Ground Station
- Aussie Broadband retires Wideband, updates enterprise arm
- RingCentral hires first channel marketing manager for Australia
- Spirit wins $1.1M deal to build network in regional Victoria
- Digital drive creating war for executive talent
- Report: Brands are positively or negatively affected by the platform on which they appear
- JC Decaux executives outline plans for programmatic, audience-based out-of-home category growth
- How SuperFastDiet reduced its waistline, and cost per lead, with data
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 23 May 2019