- Risk-management “confusion” compromises third-party cybersecurity controls
- DHS warns of another dangerous flaw in Advantech WebAccess SCADA software
- Burned malware returns, according to Cylance: is Hacking Team responsible?
- Apple pushes devs to have macOS apps outside the App Store pass a security clearance
- The week in security: North Korea’s hackers are playing games – and you should be too
Beyond the Password
This paper explores how enterprises can move beyond the password (something the user ‘knows’) to an intelligent authentication process that eliminates the risk of weak and vulnerable passwords. It works by cross-validating with other authentication methods like a physical item such as a token or smartphone (something the user ‘has’) and/or a personal attribute like a fingerprint or retina scan (something the user ‘is’). Two-factor (2FA) authentication and multifactor authentication (MFA) are now possible with intelligent authentication across corporate software, Cloud services and smart device apps.
- Dubber brings call recording to IBM Watson
- Contexti named first Australian partner for analytics firm Anodot
- Reseller sues former employee for allegedly sharing customer list with competitor
- Skybox Security invests in channel, ramps up Australian focus
- DXC Red Rock shines as leading trans-Tasman Oracle partner