- Melbourne hospital’s ransomware strike a reminder on malware's danger to your (data) health
- New cybersecurity curriculum designed to pique school students’ interest early
- Microsoft to give 12 countries free AccountGuard security service after Fancy Bear political hacking
- IoT botnets target enterprise video conferencing systems
- Got a Drupal and WordPress website? It’s time to update
Beyond the Password
This paper explores how enterprises can move beyond the password (something the user ‘knows’) to an intelligent authentication process that eliminates the risk of weak and vulnerable passwords. It works by cross-validating with other authentication methods like a physical item such as a token or smartphone (something the user ‘has’) and/or a personal attribute like a fingerprint or retina scan (something the user ‘is’). Two-factor (2FA) authentication and multifactor authentication (MFA) are now possible with intelligent authentication across corporate software, Cloud services and smart device apps.