- Google Chrome on Android gets ‘site isolation’ shield against Spectre CPU attacks
- Oracle drops 219 fixes in October 2019 critical patch update
- Adobe patches dozens of critical flaws in Acrobat PDF products
- The week in security: Women speak out on cybersecurity careers, CISOs struggle for relevance
- Microsoft releases 'tamper protection' for all Windows 10 users to stop malware turning off antivirus
Beyond the Password
This paper explores how enterprises can move beyond the password (something the user ‘knows’) to an intelligent authentication process that eliminates the risk of weak and vulnerable passwords. It works by cross-validating with other authentication methods like a physical item such as a token or smartphone (something the user ‘has’) and/or a personal attribute like a fingerprint or retina scan (something the user ‘is’). Two-factor (2FA) authentication and multifactor authentication (MFA) are now possible with intelligent authentication across corporate software, Cloud services and smart device apps.
- Microsoft starts nagging Windows 7 Pro users about end of support
- TPG slashes headcount by 5 per cent
- Three-year effort to have Samsung smartphones certified for use with classified data
- Startup headed by ex-Apple engineer aims to eliminate smartphone buttons
- Can Australian businesses catch up to the global API economy?