- Cyber ecosystem helping Australian security startups focus more on partnerships than quick acquisition
- IoT – Your security Nightmare
- Magecart payment card skimmer gang returns stronger than ever
- Windows Defender for enterprise scans for malware on Macs too
- Cisco directs high priority patches for IP phone security exposures
The Need for Next-Generation Application Performance Monitoring
This paper looks at how APM is evolving to handle new challenges in IT. These include breaking monolithic applications into micro services, containerisation, the shift to mobile applications, and the increased use of application programming interfaces (APIs) to connect disparate systems, new styles of data analytics, virtualisation and the cloud. Traditional APM solutions may have trouble keeping up with these types of innovations, which are transforming the whole IT field. In particular, APM solutions are under pressure to adapt to an expectation that they will track the experience of end users who are accessing complex, constantly changing multi part systems.