- Got a Drupal and WordPress website? It’s time to update
- IT subcontractor left 2.7 million recorded calls from people seeking medical advice exposed on the internet
- The week in security: A Parliament of howls as nation-state, BEC attacks fly thick and fast
- Attackers place crypto-jacking apps in Microsoft App Store
- Data breaches exposed 5 billion records in 2018.
Ransomware is Increasing the Risk and Impact to Organisations
Cybercriminals constantly engage organisations in a game of leapfrog; system defenses improve so malware searches for new holes. Recently, ransomware, which has been around since 1989, has been gaining significant momentum. This malware relies on the increasingly simple economics of email attacks, anonymous payment methods, and the growing role of organised groups of criminals.