- Microsoft warned 10,000 targets of nation-state hackers in one year
- Microsoft eyes Mozilla’s Rust to obliterate C++ memory security flaws
- Will Facebook’s $US5b punishment finally prompt other companies to act on privacy?
- As skills gaps persist, CEDA finds temporary migration is “a net positive” for Australia
- The week in security: After major GDPR violations, everything is fine
Veeam drives increased adoption of VMware virtualisation
Application availability is the name of the game for IT organisations. IDC research has determined that application downtime costs exceeding $100,000 per hour is the median, although that cost can run substantially higher for some organisations. Consequently, organisations are willing to invest considerable sums in availability solutions that avoid downtime and ensure smooth business operations.