- Microsoft closes security ‘loophole’ in AzureAD 2FA registration process
- Ease-of-use makes Deakin University’s ‘smarter SIEM’ as valuable for cybersecurity students as for SOC staff
- At least 10m records compromised in single Australian data breach despite drop in NDB reports
- iOS 12.3 kills support for Google’s Bluetooth Titan security key over hijacking flaw
- Extreme Networks grows networked IoT security protection
The finance dilemma: Rising expectations, diminishing returns
Financial services firms are intently focused on the challenges of competing in fast-changing, competitive markets. At these firms, finance executives and managers are expected to play a pivotal role by supplying visibility into financial performance and helping to shape strategic direction. Yet many finance executives are bogged down by inefficient legacy financial management systems that lack flexibility and provide limited insight into the business. Labor-intensive manual processes and data silos are undercutting the ability of finance executives to innovate, help drive growth and achieve business objectives.