- OAIC calls for better government transparency as privacy complaints surge
- Mozilla ramps up privacy in Firefox 70 with a new report on cookie tracking and data breaches
- Security Leader: Richard Gerdis, Delphix
- Microsoft delivers ‘Secured-core’ Windows 10 PCs to counter firmware attacks
- The week in security: Patch the night away
Teleworking toward a healthy recovery
With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches