- Google Chrome on Android gets ‘site isolation’ shield against Spectre CPU attacks
- Oracle drops 219 fixes in October 2019 critical patch update
- Adobe patches dozens of critical flaws in Acrobat PDF products
- The week in security: Women speak out on cybersecurity careers, CISOs struggle for relevance
- Microsoft releases 'tamper protection' for all Windows 10 users to stop malware turning off antivirus
The question of whether there is a trend towards more organisations insourcing their IT seems to be popping up a bit recently but I can confidently respond that the research data continues to show the opposite is true.1 May / Written by Scott Stewart
At some point, cloud should begin to disappear and become part of the underlying fabric that connects the world with its data11 Dec / Written by Scott Stewart
While enterprise IT is being bombarded with disruptive changes like Cloud, BYOD, mobility and Big Data the traditional challenges also remain, such as replacing or remediating scores of aging legacy systems that have become deeply embedded within the engine room of the organisation.14 Aug / Written by Scott Stewart
When the futurist Alvin Toffler introduced the notion of the Prosumer in the early 1980s he said it was the "progressive blurring of the line that separates producer from consumer".24 Jul / Written by Scott Stewart
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- TPG slashes headcount by 5 per cent
- Three-year effort to have Samsung smartphones certified for use with classified data
- Startup headed by ex-Apple engineer aims to eliminate smartphone buttons
- Can Australian businesses catch up to the global API economy?
- Security researchers warn of online voting risks