We are collecting data at ever-increasing rates as the costs of data storage go down. Why get rid of our beloved data when we can always buy more storage space? Some companies like Google love collecting and working with data, and these companies will rarely or never get rid of their data. But odds are your company is not like Google and does not need all of that old data. This column will focus on crafting an effective data destruction policy.
- Christmas rush brings great deals to online shoppers – and new risks for their employers
- Dell, Lenovo, HP will patch hundreds of devices affected by Intel's buggy embedded CPU
- As unencrypted data becomes “negligence”, business leaders are taking encryption strategy away from IT
- Uber, ABC cloud data breaches put Australian companies on notice about cloud security
- Fake Symantec blog spreads macOS malware