The new blockchain protocol, Devv, was demoed at CES; backers say it outperforms other distributed ledger technologies and traditional financial networks such as VisaNet. Analysts are skeptical.
- Windows Defender for enterprise scans for malware on Macs too
- Cisco directs high priority patches for IP phone security exposures
- Facebook passwords for hundreds of millions of users were exposed to Facebook employees
- Quantum computing will break encryption in a few years
- Metal firm Hydro plans recovery from ransomware that could be wiper malware