Deep packet inspection (DPI) is a technique that has seen success in traffic management, <a href="http://www.csoonline.com">security</a>, and network analysis. It is a technology that performs content analysis of network packets at line speed but is different from header or metadata-based packet inspection, which is typically performed by switches, firewalls, and IDS/IPS devices. A general DPI solution provides deep packet inspection for different applications.
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets