Deep packet inspection (DPI) is a technique that has seen success in traffic management, <a href="http://www.csoonline.com">security</a>, and network analysis. It is a technology that performs content analysis of network packets at line speed but is different from header or metadata-based packet inspection, which is typically performed by switches, firewalls, and IDS/IPS devices. A general DPI solution provides deep packet inspection for different applications.
- FDA issues 'recall' on heart implants for security firmware update
- Microsoft brings Edge's Defender browser protection to Google’s Chrome
- Lack of security skills has become a drag on Australia’s digital transformation
- As Australia condemns Russian cyber attacks, experts demand clarity on offensive capabilities
- Microsoft rallies industry to counter government cyberattacks