At the heart of Union Pacific Corp.'s railroad operations is an IBM mainframe-based transportation control system that's been chugging along like a hardworking locomotive for nearly 40 years. According to industry experts, it was a pioneering system when first introduced, and it made the Omaha-based transportation giant one of the first companies in the world to make extensive use of online transaction processing technologies.
- France hits Google with €50m GDPR fine over Android consent
- What is spear phishing? Why targeted email attacks are so difficult to stop
- Security refresh teaches James Cook University the value of better visibility
- Cyber attacks as likely as natural disasters, as devastating as ecosystem collapse: WEF
- The week in security: 773 million reasons to improve your security