David Banks was working as a consultant on a risk-management project for Gulf when the company merged Cumberland Farms and Gulf Oil. It was at that moment he knew what the company needed most from him. "I put my hand up and said, 'You need a CIO.'"
- Intel says it's been hit with 32 separate lawsuits over Spectre, Meltdown
- Security lessons from the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- From banks to Bitcoin: Trickbot shifts online hustle to cryptocurrencies
- Don't panic about the new 'Prime' Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits
- Poor patching, user education leave healthcare providers sitting ducks for cyber attacks