I know of a central IT group that recently grew eightfold overnight. No, not through a merger -- it was the users turning their shadow IT groups over to IT because they don't need them anymore. All of this happened because this central IT organization got into the business of creating tools for users to satisfy reasonable IT needs on their own.
- KRACK Wi-Fi attack threatens all networks: How to stay safe and what you need to know
- KRACK: Researcher discovers flaws in WPA2 authentication
- The week in security: CSO50 winners doing security right where so many others still aren’t
- As rapid-fire builds threaten app quality, bespoke protection helps developers be both Agile and secure
- CSO50 2018 winners demonstrate world-class security strategies