As a nation, we have certainly faced our fair share of disasters lately; flooding in Queensland and Victoria, cyclones in Queensland and massive bush fires in Western Australia — just months after devastating earthquakes in Christchurch. Our hearts certainly goes out to all of the people affected by these disasters but I personally feel the pain of all the IT professionals who are, or will be, working tirelessly to bring IT systems back on-line in order to maintain some form of business continuity in these affected areas.
- UK’s NCSC catches Turla’s new in-memory ‘Neuron’ malware for attacking Windows
- Automated security testing helps developers clamp down on IoT, open-source threats
- Google’s G Suite gets new dashboard to spot new threats
- Is your PC vulnerable to Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits? InSpectre tells you
- Despite their app appetite, Australian businesses still struggling to extend compliance to the cloud