From beer to boxes, an unheralded name in IoT technology has quietly leveraged its expertise in process monitoring and management to compete in a world dominated by Google and IBM, as well as high-profile operational tech firms like GE and Siemens. The PI System is the foundation of OSIsoft’s offerings, a structured data lake for real-time information that can let businesses hunt for trends and potential cost savings down in the weeds of machine-generated data.
- Look for the silver lining in GDPR’s privacy obligations
- GDPR is here, but few Australian staff know what to do about it
- FBI takes control over Russia's VPNFilter router botnet
- Cisco reveals VPNFilter malware infects 500k routers, Ukraine fears they'll be bricked by Saturday
- CPUs take another Spectre-Meltdown speculative execution hit