Consider the following scenario: A prospective customer walks into your store to buy an air conditioner. He evaluates several models and then buys one -- but not from you. It turns out your competitor located two miles away is offering the same model at a 20 percent discount. How did he know this? He scanned the product's bar code using the RedLaser app on his iPhone, which displayed several local retailers with lower prices than yours. If he had been willing to wait three days for shipping, he could have purchased the exact same model while standing in your store from an online retailer at a 30% discount.
- As automated scan unearths pen-testing gold, careless businesses must polish their DevSecOps
- Uber overhauls bug bounty rules after breach-ransom fiasco
- 5 signs you've been hit with an advanced persistent threat (APT)
- Gmail for business gets a new look and expiring email
- New app alerts you when strangers open your unattended Mac