In a full-house debate attended by more than 200 of the delegates at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo Emerging Trends, nearly 40 per cent voted that most traditional IT organisations will be closed down by 2012 as tech-savvy business managers embrace powerful new business-driven technologies and outsourcing. Between now and 2012, we will see five dimensions of transformation that may lead to this happening. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of the argument to see what we can predict.
- Report: Security hole in macOS Keychain puts passwords at risk
- DDoS protection: CloudFlare drops surge pricing, Microsoft responds to AWS Shield
- The week in security: As business and CISOs struggle to unite, hackers scoring big hits
- Mass CCleaner malware attack actually targeted tech giants
- NotPetya costs FedEx $300m, now weighs up cyber insurance