In a full-house debate attended by more than 200 of the delegates at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo Emerging Trends, nearly 40 per cent voted that most traditional IT organisations will be closed down by 2012 as tech-savvy business managers embrace powerful new business-driven technologies and outsourcing. Between now and 2012, we will see five dimensions of transformation that may lead to this happening. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of the argument to see what we can predict.
- “Shocking” data-breach volumes only hint at the true magnitude of Australia’s data insecurity
- Industry, enterprises look to gamification as sides are drawn in cybersecurity’s infinity war
- FDA issues 'recall' on heart implants for security firmware update
- Microsoft brings Edge's Defender browser protection to Google’s Chrome
- Lack of security skills has become a drag on Australia’s digital transformation