In a full-house debate attended by more than 200 of the delegates at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo Emerging Trends, nearly 40 per cent voted that most traditional IT organisations will be closed down by 2012 as tech-savvy business managers embrace powerful new business-driven technologies and outsourcing. Between now and 2012, we will see five dimensions of transformation that may lead to this happening. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of the argument to see what we can predict.
- Industrial IoT explosion is making Australian CSOs “anxious” as IoT-security investments lag world
- Google Home and Amazon Echo are patched, but how many more IoT devices are vulnerable?
- Is fake news dangerous? Security pros say yes
- Despite rising risk awareness, SecDevOps still too little, too late for most Australian companies
- What is a cyber attack? Recent examples show disturbing trends