Contributions from free and open software makers can be found throughout the tech world. From your datacenter to the desktop and everywhere in between; there's an open solution to your computing needs. This is no less true in information security. My focus in this article is the several outstanding information security desktop tools that personify the innovation and ingenuity of the FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) world. Please keep in mind that all of these applications (except one) are cross-platform so you can find appropriate versions on whatever you run (BSD, Mac OSX, Linux or Windows). The examples herein, however, will be catered to the largest install base (statistically): Microsoft Windows.
- UK MPs call for a cyber security minister to defend critical infrastructure
- Instagram bug exposes user passwords
- BlackBerry's acquisition of Cylance raises eyebrows in the security community
- Authentication bug locks users out of Azure and Office 365 for a day
- The week in review: Cybersecurity breaches named the biggest risk to business… and healthcare… and sports… and…