The present Microsoft v CSIRO declaratory judgment patent lawsuit in the US places CSIRO in a difficult position for many reasons. Recent changes in US patent law, government policy issues, and inherent imbalances in patent litigation will require CSIRO management to make some very hard decisions.
- Business-like cybercriminals are outsourcing malware R&D – and giving new hope to CSOs
- Three responsible for Mirai botnet attacks plead guilty
- Changing fraud patterns are forcing fintech to temper automation with security
- Connected ‘things’ to fuel the local cyber insurance market
- Microsoft fixes 33 bugs in December patch, mostly for IE and Edge