From time to time, new communications technologies force courts and legislatures to adapt existing standards and even develop entirely new ones. The telephone raised issues related to wiretapping, among other things. Email became a factor in litigation-related discovery actions. Social media is likely to do the same, if only because use of such sites has become so widespread.
- What happens when cybercriminals start to use machine learning?
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud