Microsoft is aiming to make a splash on October 26 with the debut of Windows 8, but most businesses aren’t leaping to upgrade right away. If you’re planning to run Windows 7 for a while, but you still need to buy hardware today, one of these laptops could be just right for you or the staff you manage. We put a clutch of Ultrabooks and lightweight laptops with good battery life to the test to help you pick the perfect machine for your workplace.
- Look for the silver lining in GDPR’s privacy obligations
- GDPR is here, but few Australian staff know what to do about it
- FBI takes control over Russia's VPNFilter router botnet
- Cisco reveals VPNFilter malware infects 500k routers, Ukraine fears they'll be bricked by Saturday
- CPUs take another Spectre-Meltdown speculative execution hit