In the middle of the 1800s, a few prospectors found gold in California. When word got out, the lure of instant wealth spurred hundreds of thousands to rush to the West. Farmers, city slickers, people with no particular training or skills, all flocked to California to pan for gold.
- The week in security: As business and CISOs struggle to unite, hackers scoring big hits
- Mass CCleaner malware attack actually targeted tech giants
- NotPetya costs FedEx $300m, now weighs up cyber insurance
- Pen-testing may pacify auditors, but it won’t stop hackers from taking your data
- As Equifax jettisons CISO and CIO, survey finds CISOs feel devalued by business leaders