Employees no longer rely on IT to provision and deliver technology. Data center functions are outsourced; workers increasingly use social media, mobile tools, the cloud, and video to bypass IT. Many CIOs are concerned they they're losing control of their domain. Welcome to the "empowered era."
- Mass CCleaner malware attack actually targeted tech giants
- NotPetya costs FedEx $300m, now weighs up cyber insurance
- Pen-testing may pacify auditors, but it won’t stop hackers from taking your data
- As Equifax jettisons CISO and CIO, survey finds CISOs feel devalued by business leaders
- Chrome versus IE and Edge: which is more secure for enterprise?