Password strength is always being discussed because it is difficult to balance password strength with usability. Typically, resetting passwords is the main reason to call the helpdesk, indicating that passwords are too complex and / or change too frequently. Can we make passwords less complex without compromising security?
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets
- NotPetya to cost Maersk up to $300m, some systems not yet recoverable