Password strength is always being discussed because it is difficult to balance password strength with usability. Typically, resetting passwords is the main reason to call the helpdesk, indicating that passwords are too complex and / or change too frequently. Can we make passwords less complex without compromising security?
- Cisco bug lets anyone login to network as admin with a blank password
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- As NDB kicks in, be careful of overcompensating for past security inaction
- On the eve of game-changing NDB scheme, 59 percent of businesses still don’t understand it
- Google reveals kernel, Windows 10 security bypasses fixed in February’s Patch Tuesday