Local governments, with their volatile budgets and bureaucracies, may seem an unlikely breeding ground for cutting-edge IT solutions. But Chris Vein, CIO of the City of San Francisco, approaches being a municipal CIO from the standpoint of a social activist.
- The week in security: Cybercriminals eyeing new opportunities from cryptocurrency miners
- Intel says it's been hit with 32 separate lawsuits over Spectre, Meltdown
- Security lessons from the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- From banks to Bitcoin: Trickbot shifts online hustle to cryptocurrencies
- Don't panic about the new 'Prime' Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits