Local governments, with their volatile budgets and bureaucracies, may seem an unlikely breeding ground for cutting-edge IT solutions. But Chris Vein, CIO of the City of San Francisco, approaches being a municipal CIO from the standpoint of a social activist.
- Sitting ducks for cybersecurity breaches, small businesses get new options
- GCHQ: change your passwords now even if Uber says it contained the breach
- Christmas rush brings great deals to online shoppers – and new risks for their employers
- Dell, Lenovo, HP will patch hundreds of devices affected by Intel's buggy embedded CPU
- As unencrypted data becomes “negligence”, business leaders are taking encryption strategy away from IT