The federal government has hatched two new research projects - investigating artificial intelligence (AI) and the internet of things (IoT) technologies - in a bid to advance Australia’s knowledge and expertise in these emerging areas.
- Cisco reveals VPNFilter malware infects 500k routers, Ukraine fears they'll be bricked by Saturday
- CPUs take another Spectre-Meltdown speculative execution hit
- Despite education campaigns, Australians are falling harder for scams than ever
- Chrome to strip “secure” from HTTPS sites in September
- The week in security: During Privacy Awareness Week, warnings that we are neither private nor aware