The disposal of old IT assets is becoming as complicated as the acquisition of new ones. Each PC, server, storage system or IT device you retire poses a security risk and potential environmental hazard. Over the next five years, 800 MILLION PC's will be replaced. What are the odds your sensitive corporate information or customer data will end up in the wrong hands due to improper disposal? What about the environmental impact? Even 1 out of 800 million is too high a risk.
- The week in security: As business and CISOs struggle to unite, hackers scoring big hits
- Mass CCleaner malware attack actually targeted tech giants
- NotPetya costs FedEx $300m, now weighs up cyber insurance
- Pen-testing may pacify auditors, but it won’t stop hackers from taking your data
- As Equifax jettisons CISO and CIO, survey finds CISOs feel devalued by business leaders