Given the <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/101211-ssl-moxie-marlinspike-251882.html">recent problems with SSL certificates</a> provided by third-party companies, one has to wonder why we place all this trust in these vendors. We allow them to process and produce "trusted" certificates for our websites, but in the end even Google, <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> and state and federal governments are falling victim to fraud.
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
- Synchronized security is the right arsenal for modern CSOs: Sophos exec