Hacker group Anonymous has been threatening since February to "shut the Internet down" by launching a Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDOS) on Saturday (31 March). The attack will target the world's 13 DNS servers so that Internet users will be unable to perform domain name lookups , thus temporarily disabling the Internet.
- The week in security: Cybercriminals eyeing new opportunities from cryptocurrency miners
- Intel says it's been hit with 32 separate lawsuits over Spectre, Meltdown
- Security lessons from the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- From banks to Bitcoin: Trickbot shifts online hustle to cryptocurrencies
- Don't panic about the new 'Prime' Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits