Political and social events highlight the immense benefits of technology, but also reveal technology's dark side. Consider Arab Spring. The uprisings demonstrated, on the one hand, how innovations such as social media can be used to evade and challenge repressive regimes and promote democracy, but on the other hand, the ability of the same regimes to capitalize on improved surveillance technology to counter those threats and suppress their citizens.
- AMD confirms Ryzenfall vulnerabilities, but says they'll be fixed soon via routine BIOS updates
- Facebook security chief Alex Stamos reportedly planning to leave
- The week in security: As Intel patches yesterday’s threats, IoT and cryptocurrency are creating new ones for tomorrow
- Apple to stop ad firms hacking HTTPS protections to track iPhone users
- Surge in cryptocurrency-mining malware heralds bigger problems for CSOs