Political and social events highlight the immense benefits of technology, but also reveal technology's dark side. Consider Arab Spring. The uprisings demonstrated, on the one hand, how innovations such as social media can be used to evade and challenge repressive regimes and promote democracy, but on the other hand, the ability of the same regimes to capitalize on improved surveillance technology to counter those threats and suppress their citizens.
- Xerox CISO: How business should prepare for the future security threat landscape
- When it comes to next-gen security, smartphones are opening doors – literally
- Dridex, BEC attacks and ‘brandjacking’ surge as phishing volumes pick up again after lull
- Unencrypted hard-coded password risks patient info in Philips’ x-ray dose app
- Skilled bad actors use new pulse wave DDoS attacks to hit multiple targets