The discovery this week of a security vulnerability within SmartThinQ, a technology touted by LG for automating communication with its range of home appliances and devices, has reinforced the risks of remote Internet of Things (IoT) takeover as attackers progressively master new methods of attacking increasingly smart devices.
- S5Mark is a 'VPN' that is actually a rootkit in disguise, BitDefender says
- Mirai “not going anywhere”, expert warns as source code continues to spawn botnet offspring
- Security implications overshadow enthusiasm about Blockchain
- The week in security: Cybersecurity tension peaks as Trump and Kim summit
- CSO Roadshow - Making security a hoodie free zone