President Trump, as part of his plan to roll back regulations put in place by President Obama, just signed legislation, passed by Congress, eliminating the prohibition against ISPs selling customer data without their written consent. This move has ignited a small firestorm of controversy. For businesses and enterprises however, this change is not as bad as it seems. Further, their privacy focus should be on search engines and social networks, which are much better at accumulating data.
- Look for the silver lining in GDPR’s privacy obligations
- GDPR is here, but few Australian staff know what to do about it
- FBI takes control over Russia's VPNFilter router botnet
- Cisco reveals VPNFilter malware infects 500k routers, Ukraine fears they'll be bricked by Saturday
- CPUs take another Spectre-Meltdown speculative execution hit