President Trump, as part of his plan to roll back regulations put in place by President Obama, just signed legislation, passed by Congress, eliminating the prohibition against ISPs selling customer data without their written consent. This move has ignited a small firestorm of controversy. For businesses and enterprises however, this change is not as bad as it seems. Further, their privacy focus should be on search engines and social networks, which are much better at accumulating data.
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
- Synchronized security is the right arsenal for modern CSOs: Sophos exec