The role of a CIO involves more than overseeing the technological infrastructure of a company. A good CIO will demonstrate strong communication skills, flexibility and an ability to adapt and change. It can never be stated enough, but working in IT means you will be expected to keep up to date on changing and emerging trends in the industry.
- Cisco warns WLAN controller, 9000 series router and IOS/XE users to patch urgent security holes
- With password compromise growing, CISOs are pushing towards a passwordless future
- Australian companies dealing with incidents by ‘accidental insiders’ every few weeks
- Widespread DNS hijacking attacks steal target's VPN credentials
- Wipro breach highlights third-party risk from large IT services providers